Question

Sales Order etnry

• 12 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi. 

I was told that Line 1 from an order could never be deleted. So if I have an order of 100 items, but need to remove line 1 from the order (because the customer decides they no longer want that product), the only way is to void that entire order and start over with a new order? 

Is this really true? If so, could someone provide documentation to back that up?

Thank you. 

Rachel

5 replies

Userlevel 2

I don’t know why you couldn’t delete the order line as long as there aren’t any transactions against it, or some such.

Joe

Select line you are wanting to close/cancel.  Go to go the “Actions” button - drop down to order line and then select close line.   That will void/close your selected line. 

Userlevel 3

Rachel,

Whoever told you that might be getting Lines confused with Releases.  Deleting Release 1 when Lock Line Qty is checked is not allowed.  Deleting Line 1 is allowed.  However, when you delete the line it is gone, so maybe you want to consider voiding it and adding comments as to why it is no longer needed by the customer and creating a new line.

Doug

Userlevel 1

Rachel -

Moreover on Doug’s comments, if you are shipping many releases to the customer for an order line over time, you want to use the first release for the blanket quantity.  As shipping dates are created you decrement from the total quantity as you add the releases.  When the first release is closed, all releases get closed so you don’t want to ship release #1 until it is the last shipment for that order line.  It is a little backwards thinking needed for customer blanket orders.

HTH,

Calvin Dekker

Thanks everyone. All responses were very helpful.