Question

Set a default in dropdown in Country field in Customer Display

Hey guys.  Anyone know how to set a country (for example USA) as the default for the country field in the Customer Display (Maintenance) screen when creating a new customer?  My users have a few drop down fields they would like to have the fields auto-populated in the Customer Display screen however when I try to enter the info in Text within the Customization, it won’t save the text.  

Anyone had success in doing this?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Laura

4 replies

Userlevel 3

When I select New from Customer Maint, the Country does default to USA.  I don’t remember how that works. I looked in Extended Properties, Customizations, and BPMs, and didn’t see anything. I’ll look some more tomorrow.

Userlevel 1

I did this with a Post Processing BPM on Customer.GetNewCustomer to set the fields our commercial office wanted to default. You don’t need any special c# skills to do this, just choose the “Set the <whatever> field of the added row to the <whatever> expression” action, and change the variables to whatever you need.

Userlevel 3

I verified that no BPM or Customization is setting new customer country to USA in our system. In Country Maint, USA is marked as “Company Default”, but I can’t find where that default is set (it’s not in Country Maint, Company Config, Company Maint), and the tech details don’t point to any database field.

On the other hand, I agree that a Post Processing BPM is definitely the way to go. I have one that sets the FOB fields like this:

It’s in Sales > Quote > Setup > Country. I can see that we have US as the default, but I wasn’t able to choose a different one as default for some reason - the checkbox is there but doesn’t work. I’m using E9. Please let me know if you were able to set a default country.

randallweber.com