Suspense on Inventory WIP can the GL account be change before capturing

• 28 January 2021
  • 9 replies

We are working on cleaning up the suspense transactions that happen with PUR-UKN.  Is there any place where these can be changed to the correct GL before capturing COS WIP  Activity.  Thanks!

9 replies

Collen,

it is possible.  You need to change the po line : class or releases GL Account.

i cant remember if you need to delete the receipt and re-enter or if its dynamic.

change the po re-run inv/ wip report and see if its fixed to the new gl code

This is after the AP invoice has been posted.  I thought there was a place but maybe I am wrong.

Userlevel 3

It should not matter that the AP Invoice has posted.  It is only relevant that the Capture COS has not posted the relevant transaction (PO Receipt, or sometimes PO Variance and Misc Charge).

Remember that the Capture COS looks at the GL Controls for the GL Account at the time it runs (not at receipt or AP Invoice). 

I do not believe that you can change it after the invoice is posted. We usually just fix via a journal entry or if we see it at invoicing we do a negative miscellaneous line out of the suspense account and a positive miscellaneous line to the correct account.  $0 AP Affect as the 2 miscellaneous lines wash.

Collen - As long as the AP invoice has not been entered, the suspense account can be corrected.  The receiver needs to be reversed, then open the PO and change the account number on the line then re process the receiving transaction.  Changing the account number of the PO (without deleting the receiver 1st) changes nothing financially.

No the invoice associated with the suspense is posted.  When I did an inventory/wip report we have suspense amounts that I would like to clean up before capturing. 

Thanks everyone!! 

Collen - If the AP invoice has been vouchered, then a journal entry is the solution.  If you run Capture each week, you may catch these suspense items before the AP invoice is entered.  Is that a possibility ?

Userlevel 3

In current versions, posting of the AP invoice is irrelevant for the question of whether you can update the Misc PO Part Class or release GL Account.  If you dont believe me, then test it, because it is true in our version--we do it.  And, no, you do not need to reverse the receipt. (though I used to  think so, so maybe we had to do that in E9).

The reason it works is the nature of how/when Epicor posts to the GL.  On the financial side, it posts immediately when you post the group/batch.  On the Production side, it runs the posting rules and looks at the GL Control codes at the  time of running Capture COS.  It does not care whether it has been invoiced or not.

My credentials for you believing me:  I have been using Epicor since 2003, and spent 4 years as an Epicor employee doing implementations (E9 and E10).

You could set the GL transaction type for COS/WIP to manual review to send it to the review journal. You can change the account number there. You revalidate and then confirm.