Question

Tags in ERP

• 7 April 2022
  • 2 replies

We have recently started using the mobile CRM app, which we are finding really useful. One feature that works well in the app is the use of Tags to easily filter quotes etc.

In ERP I can use Data Tag Maintenance to see the tags but can’t use them on records in ERP. In the tree view of screens (for example quote entry) I can right click an entity and see the ‘Tag Record’ option but it is always greyed out.

Does anyone use tags and is there something simple I need to do to activate them in ERP? It would just be useful to add and remove tags in ERP as well as the app.

Thanks.

2 replies

I am not using mobile. Is that where you have an issue? I tested tags in Epicor desktop version and they worked as expected. I don’t know of anything you need to do for them to be active.

But thanks for the post. I forgot about this feature and will tell my clients how to use it.

randallweber.com

Userlevel 3

In ERP I can use Data Tag Maintenance to see the tags but can’t use them on records in ERP. In the tree view of screens (for example quote entry) I can right click an entity and see the ‘Tag Record’ option but it is always greyed out.

If you mean a line, salesperson or contact, then that will not work for you. You typically must be using the entry/maintenance or tracker function for the type of record that you wish to tag. For example, in quote entry, you can right-click on the quote number and select “Tag Record” to open a window like the following to add a data tag to the quote:

If you wish to tag a part, salesperson or contact, then you can open Part Tracker, Work Force Entry or Person/Contact Entry, respectively, to add a data tag to those records.

Regards,