Solved

UD field error after importing via solution

• 1 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I imported a solution file that contained a number of UD fields.  When I load any module with these UD fields, I get the following error(s) for each field.

The only thing I thought to try was a data regen and IIS recycle, which had no effect.

Has anyone ever had success importing UD fields from one DB to another?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by gpennington 1 November 2022, 21:58

View original

2 replies

Yes, if UD fields are utilized by the solution then they will need to be created before the solution can be imported.    If you’ve never used the UD table before, it is possible to bring the fields in as part of the solution.    If the table has any fields in it, you’ll have to add  those fields manually.  VendorDetail_UD.CriticalSupplier_c.     The trick is knowing the attributes of the field.    in this case, it looks like it should be the same as Vendor.VendorNum.   

Always add UD fields and tables when everyone is off of the system and no processes are running.    If the table in UD Maintenance does not say it is in Sync after you regenerate data model and IISRESET then repeat the process again.

Once it is all synced, import the solution file.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for the help.  I must have screwed up the solution creation as all of the UD fields made it to the modules, but the UD table is blank.  Back to the drawing board...