Question

Updatable Dashboard - How can I update 2 fields in related tables in one Dashboard?

• 12 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi All;

I want the updatable dashboard to allow the update to the OrderRel.ReqDate + ProjPhase.DueDate.

One notable...our company config is set to allow phase assignment at Release Level.

I created an updatable BAQ where I can update the OrderRel.ReqDate.  The ProjPhase.DueDate is a field I can set to update as it’s joined in the BAQ but it doesn’t actually update the value in the database.

This is because it only allows one Business Object to be selected.

I have seen a couple posts in the past with this but I am not fully following the steps.

Has anyone been successful in updating 2 fields from related tables?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Patty Buechler

4 replies

Userlevel 4

Dear Patty,

If it would be sufficient to update one of them in the dashboard, then make a BPM to trigger on that change and update the other table from it, I can assist and have built many such BPMs.

All best,

Hi Monty;

I don’t know what your commitment is but I would really appreciate any guidance/help you could provide.  Is there a day/time we could chat further about what I am trying to accomplish and where I am at and perhaps share with group once we figure this out?  

Thanks

Patty Buechler

pbuechler@isomicro.com

Hi Monty;

I hope all is well.  I am still trying to get this to work.

I have tried a couple different Methods: SalesOrder.Update, OrderRelSearch.Update

The SalesOrder.Update seems to give me the most options.  That said, my struggle starts with the Fill Table by Query.   Mapping the method update to fill a UD Table upon the event being triggered.

Method = SalesOrder.Update
Condition = ttOrderRel.ReqDate
Invoke BO using the UD06.UpdateExt
ttOrderRel + ERP.OrderRel + ERP.OrderDtl
OrderRel Criteria = Open Release = true & PhaseID > “ “
OrderDtl Criteria = Open Line = true & UnitPrice > 0.00 & ProjectID > “ “

Columns to Display
Table selected to Fill = UD06

So the next screen capture is where I am struggling.  When I click on the Specified Mapping hyperlink and it opens the Setup Table Mapping window….the Company is a default Binding.

I would assume as key fields to map would be Key1, Key2, and Key 3 = OrderNum, OrderLine, OrderRelNum.  I get nothing….just the company to Bind.  

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for the help

Patty Buechler

pbuechler@isomicro.com

Userlevel 4

Patty, I’m happy to help but I’m at a beginner stage with the query widget inside the BPM builder.  If you have an updatable dashboard already working and updating one of the two fields, let’s start there and figure out how to get the other one updated using a Method Directive or Data Directive.  Talk with you soon,

...Monty.