Question

Upgrade To Which Version?

• 13 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4

Next month, Epicor 10.2.700 goes out of premium support.  Which versions of Kinetic have you implemented live, that have given you functional issues?  We’re staying with WinForms for now, so it’s not about the new interface for us, only about retaining functionality and introducing minimal software errors.  Please share your recommendations on the K21 and K22 versions and what you’ve seen.

Thanks much,

..Monty.

5 replies

We are currently using WinForms as well. We jumped from 10.2.500 to 2021.1.  It has been a pretty good environment for our users.  We are just about to jump to 2022.1 and testing between the two has been minimal as there is nearly no changes in the WinForms side of things.   

Userlevel 3

Monty,

We have been running on K2021.1.9 since November 2021.  We are upgrading on Sept. 16/17 to K2021.2, as I have been reading about issues with K2022 and MRP.  As a manufacturing organization we have enough issue with our supply chain and do not need the added issues I am hearing with MRP.

We use the Financial Mgmt., Production Mgmt., Material Mgmt., modules fully.  We use base Order, base Project, and base Time Management pieces of Sales & Service management.

Glenn

Monty,

We have been running on K2021.1.9 since November 2021.  We are upgrading on Sept. 16/17 to K2021.2, as I have been reading about issues with K2022 and MRP.  As a manufacturing organization we have enough issue with our supply chain and do not need the added issues I am hearing with MRP.

We use the Financial Mgmt., Production Mgmt., Material Mgmt., modules fully.  We use base Order, base Project, and base Time Management pieces of Sales & Service management.

Glenn

What MRP issues have you been reading about? Do you have a link to the discussion?

Userlevel 3

Actually it is from the EUG community

Userlevel 3

Otherwise, we have not encountered any major issues within K21.1.9 or K21.2.23.