Solved

Upgraded issue 11.2.200.6

• 19 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

HI Everyone 

I upgraded our test server to 11.2.200.6  and now have a funny error message which to me seems that iis is not binding to 443 or something like that. I have checked the firewall and ssl cert and removed the AV and disabled the firewall (not longterm) but am not sure what else could be causing the problem 

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.9.200.199:443
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalEndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult, TransportContext& context)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetRequestStreamCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Http.Logging.LoggingHttpMessageHandler.<SendAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Http.Logging.LoggingScopeHttpMessageHandler.<SendAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
   at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.<ExecuteAsync>d__60.MoveNext()
   at Epicor.Utilities.AsyncHelper.RunSync[TResult](Func`1 method)
   at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.Execute(String methodName, RestValueSerializerBase serializer, ProxyValuesIn valuesIn, ProxyValuesOut valuesOut)
   at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.<>c__DisplayClass58_0.<CallWithCommunicationFailureRetry>b__0(Context _)
   at Polly.Policy`1.<>c__DisplayClass32_0.<Execute>b__0(Context ctx, CancellationToken ct)
   at Polly.Retry.RetryEngine.Implementation[TResult](Func`3 action, Context context, CancellationToken cancellationToken, IEnumerable`1 shouldRetryExceptionPredicates, IEnumerable`1 shouldRetryResultPredicates, Func`1 policyStateFactory)
   at Polly.RetryTResultSyntax.<>c__DisplayClass12_0`1.<WaitAndRetry>b__0(Func`3 action, Context context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Polly.Policy`1.ExecuteInternal(Func`3 action, Context context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Polly.Policy`1.Execute(Func`3 action, Context context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Polly.Policy`1.Execute(Func`2 action, Context context)
   at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.CallWithCommunicationFailureRetry(String methodName, ProxyValuesIn valuesIn, ProxyValuesOut valuesOut, RestRpcValueSerializer serializer)
   at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.CallWithMultistepBpmHandling(String methodName, ProxyValuesIn valuesIn, ProxyValuesOut valuesOut, Boolean useSparseCopy)
   at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.Call(String methodName, ProxyValuesIn valuesIn, ProxyValuesOut valuesOut, Boolean useSparseCopy)
   at Ice.Proxy.BO.UserFileImpl.IsPasswordExpired(String userID, Int32& graceCount)
   at Epicor.Mfg.Administration.ServerManagement.ApplicationServerManager.Forms.NewSessionForm.BackgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

icon

Best answer by Keith.Grant 21 November 2022, 12:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3

Make sure in IIS that the site is bound to port 443 (SSL).  It sounds like nothing is listening.  Since you disabled the firewall, it shouldn’t be a firewall rule causing the problem.

Userlevel 1

Hi fred

I found the issue last night , in IIS there was a binding to 443 but when i did a netstat -an which showed me iis was not listening on 443 but was on 80  which gave me a idea to look at the urlacl using netsh http show urlacl this showed that SSTP was using 443 as well but because it had a GUID it should have only been application specific but was not. THe solution was delete the urlacl that had the GUID and this fixed the issue now that i have re-enabled and re-installed everything all is working fine