Question

Using Color to highlight Dashboard data

• 25 October 2021
  • 3 replies

We have a user that needs a Dashboard to display different colors when different conditions are met.

For example: If an Item have been on a certain status for 20 days display in Yellow, when it reaches 30days display in Red etc.

Anybody has an Idea on how we can go about doing this?

I have tried the Rule wizard but, the Highlight option on the New Rule formatting only have one default color and I need to use 3 different colors.

3 replies

Userlevel 1

I’d love to know the answer to this also. How can we get more options for the Row Rules? Can we modify the code?

Userlevel 4

@felix.obilo, have you tried using the other Setting Styles, like “OK”, “Warning” or “Error”, which have different colors?

Userlevel 3

@felix.obilo and @jay.stauffer The row rules are very useful, but they are a bit tricky to get to work correctly within a dashboard.  For example, if you want the display to show RED if the value is below 25 and YELLOW for a value between 26 to 50,  To do this properly, you have to create the row rule as “Value less than or equal to 50” is a Warning.  The second row rule would be “Value less than or equal to 25” is an Error.

If you code the under 25 rule first, it will be overwritten by the under 50 rule, as everything that is under 25 is also under 50.

Enjoy.