Solved

Expiration Date on Raw Material

• 20 June 2022
  • 2 replies

We are currently trying to track the expiration date on a raw material.  We have the part set as lot track and qty bearing.  We have the expiration date set as “Mandatory”.  When we receive the material it does require us to enter an expiration date.  However when we issue it, it does not prevent us from issuing an expired material.  It give us no warning or anything.

Any suggestions would help.  I thought that it would at least tell us the material had expired.

icon

Best answer by carl.heeder 20 June 2022, 15:50

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2

You are probably going to need some little BPM, probably a Data Directive on the PartTran table.  If you want help, let me know.  I think that you are in eastern PA?  And I am not far away.

some other expiration date related topics.

We set a Minimum Acceptable Shelf Life(MASL)  factor for parts.  We put this on PO’s.

if a receipt is made below this cut-off, the receipt is put into inspection and Quality decides to keep it or return it to the vendor.

We also run a monthly report for items approaching the MASL.

We use Advanced Material Management so our pick lists show stock by expiration ate so pickers are normally encouraged to pick the oldest, but still acceptable stock.

Thank you for the info.