Question

Kinetic Cloud Screens Epicare Advice

• 13 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi.

I have 2 users who are having issues with Kinetic screens.

One user gets an admin error on the AR Invoice Tracker screen.

One user, when clicking the hyperlink on the Customer tracker screen, nothing happens.

In both cases the screens worked previously.

I have had similar issues in the past and EpicCare was able to fix it.

In both cases for the current issues, Epicare is telling me to create new users for both team members.

Is anyone else having issues like this? And is it strange for Epicare to recommend creating new users instead  of fixing the current issues for the 2 users?

Thank you in advance.

4 replies

Userlevel 3

This could be a Kinetic bug. I’m not sure if it’s the same thing, but if there is a filter applied and the user has saved layouts you can get a “correlation error please contact the administrator”.

Clearing the filter, saving the layout and reopening the tracker can resolve the issue.

The URL not working on the Customer Tracker could be a caching issue. If you’re in a browser run in private/incognito mode and see if it still occurs. If you’re running the client close Epicor, Clear the Client Cache and reopen Epicor/Customer Tracker. 

If everything is set to base and there are no personalization's or customizations I would not create new user accounts for them. 

Tim,

Thank you for your advice.

I was able to fix the User with the AR Invoice tracker issues.

Ended up clearing the cache, deleting a column, clearing the cache again, then saving.  

As for the Customer Tracker issues, still an issue.

Sschuettenber - fully agree.  If I created a new user every time someone had an issue, everyone would have 3 or 4 logins.

Userlevel 3

Have you double checked the sales rep/territory permissions? I can’t recall if the customer tracker has the same restrictions as Customer Entry with only being able to view customers within authorised sales territories. However, it wouldn’t surprise me as most Kinetic trackers are just read only versions of the main entry screen.