Material Tag BPM

• 30 January 2019
  • 6 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies
Has anyone used a BPM to get live data into a material tag? I'm not familiar with the process of getting data into a report with a BPM. I have written BPMs to restrict users clock in, qty reporting, and fill fields but have not with reporting.

------------------------------
Jeremy Jones
Systems Administrator
SourceCut Industries Inc.
Osseo WI
715-597-6525 x1030

6 replies

Hi Jeremy,

We have not but I would be interested to see if anyone else has.
Carol

Carol Pelowski
Systems Analyst Administrator
Le Sueur Incorporated
Le Sueur MN
507-665-6204 x248
Hi Jeremy,
So this is edited now. I did this a while back so it's slowly coming back to me. I guess I didn't document it well.
I did test with the Autoprint feature in the BPM but found it didn't work the way we wanted. But I did test Autoprint with other things such as Order Ack and other reports.
What I ended up doing was adding a 2nd report style for Mtl Tags, you'll find that attached. I think I set it up as the default style or they get to pick it from the mobile screen?

The bartender setup still applies. Because the report style is setup Bartender, it outputs the data file on the Epicor server. Bartender picks it up from there.
Obviously, if you go the BPM route with a different style the Bartender stuff doesn't apply.

==========

I used the Autoprint action of the Standard Data Directive I believe. For mine I used Bartender report but I suspect you could use other formats. The path in the report style screenshot refers to the epicor app server. We  have Bartender print monitor installed there watching the directory for new files.

These steps are a little fuzzy but . . . 
After you create the first output file, delete the header row and save the file. Open Bartender and create a new label. And I believe it's create from a template file or Bartender language file or something, it'll prompt you to open a template file. Use the previously modified file from Epicor. It'll create your template fields. Layout the file however you'd like.

If you have the Embedded Education (maybe Epicor Train environment?) there is a course on this. it's good to go through this.

Hopefully that helps.

Paul Osborne
L B. White Company, LLC
Onalaska
608-779-6194
-------------------------------------------
mtltagreportstyle_74482.png
Jeremy, I answered a similar question on another thread and wanted to share the rest of this with you as well. I've tracked down everything that I did.

For this to work you will need the enterprise version of BT and it needs to be installed on the Epicor server. I suppose you could change the path in the report style to a UNC share but that might get complicated.

What I did in the past was setup a new report style that is a "Bartender Labels" type.
You'll be able to see this in the attached word doc. The output location is where it will output the text file. It will output print commands along with the  name/value pairs for the data.

You then need to setup the bartender label to read in the text file. This is done through the Database connection setup. The first time I got a file I removed the top line. This is now a bt command file I think they call it. Walk through the wizard in Bartender and you can then drag/drop your fields on the label wherever you'd like.

After you have the label setup, you setup the Bartender Integration Builder on the server to watch the directory for new files and it will then print the labels.
I've attached most everything we have on this. Set it up on your D drive and I think the paths should work so you open things and see it for yourself.

Paul Osborne
L B. White Company, LLC
Onalaska
608-779-6194
Thanks Paul, we plan to invest in bartender in the future but for now I'll have to work on a BPM to get this data. Thanks for your suggestions and I will keep this for when we do get bartender.

Jeremy Jones
Systems Administrator
Osseo WI
715-597-6525 x1030
How do you guys currently print/plan on printing the material tags?
Do you use the mobile handhelds or the full client?

I'm guessing that you can still use the MtlTags report style in SSRS format.

Paul Osborne
L B. White Company, LLC
Onalaska
608-779-6194
Hi Paul,
Sorry it's been a while since I was able to revisit this.
We just use the default printing within Epicor 10. I have some Zebra printers on the floor that print 3x4 labels.

Jeremy Jones
Systems Administrator
Osseo WI
715-597-6525 x1030