BAQ ChangeLog/Usage tracking - March 2018 meeting?

• 2 January 2019
  • 2 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies
Does anyone have notes or slides from the presentation that was given (I believe) at the March 2018 meeting, wherein the presenter demonstrated how he had created auditing for BAQ's?

Or, can anyone chime in here as to how they've accomplished such a feat?

Drew Rust
drust@wipaire.com

------------------------------
Drew Rust
Wipaire, Inc.
St. Paul MN

2 replies

​I'm guessing you mean a way to log when a BAQ is ran correct?

If so I did this by using a Method Directive BPM on the DynamicQuery.Execute method, Pre-Processing.

I have attached the QueryLog BPM I'm using... In this BPM every time a (non-system, does not begin with "z") query is ran it writes a record in table UD35. Before you enable this BPM make sure you are not already using table UD35... if you are already using this table you need to modify the BPM to use a different table.

FYI, I created this BPM just to run temporarily before I did a migration... if I were going to run this BPM all the time in a Live environment I would probably modify this BPM to do a counter each time a user runs a query, instead of creating a new record every time a query is ran. This would limit the number of log records created. So for example, each time this BPM runs it would first check to see if there is already a UD35 record for this user and query and if there is it would update the record and add 1 to the run count, else it would create a new record if it did not exist.

Jeff Martinson
TEAM Industries
Jeff,

thanks for the response. I'll look at the BPM you attached.

Drew Rust
Wipaire, Inc.
St. Paul MN