Have any of you upgraded to 2023.1, and what kind of experience have you had?

• 30 June 2023
  • 5 replies

We’re trying to pilot 2023.1, and I’m having a 0% success rate with Windows 2019 as the OS for the app servers (attempted to upgrade an existing one, and also built a new one from the ground up).
Our slightly older 2016 server had no issue with the upgrade.
Support is taking considerable time to come back with any reason as to why this is, so I figured I’d check here to see what peoples experiences are.

What have you all seen?

5 replies

Userlevel 2

We’ve got two 2019 servers running the 2023.1.6 version and both are running fine. I did need to install the .Net pre-reqs but that was it.  Are you ahving specific errors?

I have 2023.1 installed in a Test environment on 2019 servers and I didn’t have any issues installing it.

I would go back to the new install guide and verify that you have all the prerequisites installed.

If you are still getting errors there’s a good chance someone else has also seen it… search for that error on https://www.epiusers.help/

We’ve got two 2019 servers running the 2023.1.6 version and both are running fine. I did need to install the .Net pre-reqs but that was it.  Are you ahving specific errors?

We did had some issues when installing 2022 because of not installing the right .net items

Here’s what I used for the 2023.1 install…

Also, it does matter what order you install .net and IIS, this is from the new install guide…

I do have the .NET installs done.
I did see that the data regen doesn’t work without the SDK install, in the new build guide.
"An error occurred while sending the request" is the error I get.

I’ve sent all event logs to Epicor support, and we spent an hour or so on a Teams call. They attempted 2 fresh app server deployments, as well as 3 or so settings adjustment deployments. All failed.
I’m still working with them, but it’s pretty slow going.

I thought I was pretty diligent on the 2nd 2019 server stand up, following the new install guide, but I’m going to go back through it and review, and make sure there’s nothing else I could have missed.

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.100.5.85:443

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalEndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult, TransportContext& context)

at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetRequestStreamCallback(IAsyncResult ar)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Microsoft.Extensions.Http.Logging.LoggingHttpMessageHandler.<SendAsync>d__5.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Microsoft.Extensions.Http.Logging.LoggingScopeHttpMessageHandler.<SendAsync>d__5.MoveNext()

at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.<ExecuteAsync>d__61.MoveNext()

at Epicor.Utilities.AsyncHelper.RunSync[TResult](Func`1 method)

at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.Execute(String methodName, RestValueSerializerBase serializer, ProxyValuesIn valuesIn, ProxyValuesOut valuesOut)

at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.<>c__DisplayClass59_0.<CallWithCommunicationFailureRetry>b__0(Context _)

at Polly.Policy`1.<>c__DisplayClass32_0.<Execute>b__0(Context ctx, CancellationToken ct)

at Polly.Retry.RetryEngine.Implementation[TResult](Func`3 action, Context context, CancellationToken cancellationToken, IEnumerable`1 shouldRetryExceptionPredicates, IEnumerable`1 shouldRetryResultPredicates, Func`1 policyStateFactory)

at Polly.RetryTResultSyntax.<>c__DisplayClass12_0`1.<WaitAndRetry>b__0(Func`3 action, Context context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Polly.Policy`1.ExecuteInternal(Func`3 action, Context context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Polly.Policy`1.Execute(Func`3 action, Context context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Polly.Policy`1.Execute(Func`2 action, Context context)

at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.CallWithCommunicationFailureRetry(String methodName, ProxyValuesIn valuesIn, ProxyValuesOut valuesOut, RestRpcValueSerializer serializer)

at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.CallWithMultistepBpmHandling(String methodName, ProxyValuesIn valuesIn, ProxyValuesOut valuesOut, Boolean useSparseCopy)

at Ice.Cloud.ProxyBase`1.Call(String methodName, ProxyValuesIn valuesIn, ProxyValuesOut valuesOut, Boolean useSparseCopy)

at Ice.Proxy.BO.UserFileImpl.GetUserFile()

at Epicor.Mfg.Administration.ServerManagement.ApplicationServerManager.Forms.NewSessionForm.BackgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

This when deploy is complete, and attempting to connect with admin console.