Question

Custom Segregated Demand

I maybe incorrect in my interpretations of how Epicor will handle these, so please correct me where needed.

We control what we are manufacturing by restricting MRP to use a manually loaded MPS.  All Sales Orders are Unfirmed when they are entered. When the orders are allocated in Fulfillment Workbench I believe they get firmed before they are packed and shipped (as Epicor requires it ).

We have some orders that are for “Samples”.  These samples may be identical or contain identical subcomponents that go into parts loaded into MPS.  However there may also be some very unique components that are not contained in any of the manually loaded MPS as well.

The individuals involved with these “Samples” wish to drive their own demand, order their own parts and generate their own jobs without affecting what MPS is demanding. They also do not what their materials/parts to be seen or used outside of their Samples orders.

My initial thought was to allow users to flag Sample orders with a reservation priority. 

I would then target those orders and allow their Releases to be firmed (modify the customization).

The firmed Releases would get picked up by MRP which would generate PO Suggestion for all the needed BOM components of the parts on  sales order line items. 

MRP would also generate the necessary jobs required to manufacture the needed parts to fulfill the Sample MOM on orders items.

Since the demand for these samples would be grouped together with demand generated from MSP you would not be able to deafferentation them?  For example, if we required 10 sample parts A and 100 MPS parts A, there would be 8 different PO for 110 A parts  to fulfill the demand  and 3 different jobs for 110 A parts.  However when the POs are received someone would need to take the 10 needed for Samples and put them in a Non-Nettable Bin to hide them from regular demands.  The same would need to occur after a job completes.

I’m not sure this is the best method…if it would work at all.

I looked a little into Forecast Entry as well.  If I leave all the customizations in place around the Unfirming of orders and assume these Samples will not be part of the MPS, will Demand Entry work?

Create a Forecast for a generic customer tied to the Sample orders

Add all the Parts /Quantities that are on the Sample order to the Forecast

When MRP runs it will generate all the required PO’s for building the parts based on their BOM?

MRP will also generate the necessary jobs based on the MOM of the parts on the Samples orders?

Will these POs and Jobs be segregated from other demand created from MPS/MRP?

If they are segregated, it will be easier to receive the parts from POs and Jobs so they can be moved to NonNettable bins.

If they are not segregated it would appear to be no different, then allowing the OrderRels to be Firmed?

The main goal is maintaining as much separation as possible between Samples and standard MPS

0 replies

Be the first to reply!