Question

AR invoice allocated deposit amount in error

• 6 January 2023
  • 0 replies

Hello.  When we take upfront money from cash in advance customers we receipt it as a New Deposit Receipt and post to an Accounts Receivable - Prepayment  account.  My situation is that I posted a New Deposit receipt for a prepayment of a sales order but the  amount collected was in error and the customer needed to pay less than originally collected.  I issued a reverse receipt to cancel the erroneous amount receipt and issued a new New Deposit Receipt in the correct amount.  Now, as I am invoicing, the calculated invoice total is the amount of both deposit receipts and not zero as it should be once the deposit is applied.  I am unable to make any changes to the allocated deposit amount in AR invoicing.  On the accounting side my Accounts Receivable - Prepayment schedule reflects the offset of the $4,769.82 payment and reversal.  It’s when I try to invoice the allocated amounts are messed up.  I could post this invoice as is and issue a credit memo to clear the customer’s account but I was hoping for a cleaner version of this invoice to present to the customer.  Any suggestions?

Thank you very much for your assistance.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!