Solved

Help on a BAQ to get the Total QTY received on an Open PO by part number.

• 3 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

We are trying to get a Dashboard / BAQ to be able to get a file with all the Open PO’s for a selected Product Group, and to have it include the QTY that has already been received on each open PO for that product group.   

I can get everything but the total received amount.   Not sure how to get it.   Was thinking a sub-query to total all the receipts against the PO’s.   But don’t have it working yet.

Thought maybe someone else has done this and might be willing to share what they have already done.

icon

Best answer by glenn.owers 3 May 2023, 14:52

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3

@Jack.Pennypacker ,

The PO Release table (PORel) contains the fields PORel.RelQty (Supplier Qty) and PORel.ReceivedQty (Received Qty).  A quick calculation PORel.RelQty - PORel.ReceivedQty, will give you the outstanding quantity for each Release Line.

Userlevel 4

Hello @Jack.Pennypacker.  I have done this and I am attaching the BAQ that we currently use.  I did not use a sub-query for the total received against the PO’s because the analysis is done at the PO release level.  You will want to look for the calculated field “RemBal”.  The BAQ has an optional parameter only for Supplier ID, but you could easily add a similar one for Product Group, or just use the standard filtering after the query executes.

Hope this helps.  I can upload the dashboard, too, if you want it.

Regards,

Userlevel 1

I appreciate the quick response and will look at the BAQ that was uploaded.    I think this might work.   Both responses are pointing at the same process, which makes me think this is what I was looking for.

Userlevel 1

I was able to get what I need, both responses were great.   There is a lot going on in the BAQ that was uploaded.   I found the first answer the best, as it was exactly what I need.    But if I hadn’t received it, the second one had it also.

Userlevel 4

FWIW, that BAQ is designed to be the equivalent of the standard Open Purchase Orders report, with some additional fields to add pertinent information regarding part demand and part availability.