Question

Scheduling Alternatives

3 years ago we purchased the scheduling module before we realized it will not work for us because we rely almost entirely on quick jobs. The reason we purchased the scheduling module has not gone away, we still cannot see our capacity when taking in additional orders and on time work orders suffers as a result. Fast forward to today and we are running Kinetic v2022.2.11 and I’m hoping that there’s been a change. Are quick jobs still not compatible with the scheduling module? If this is still a no does anyone have a suggestion on how we can get similar visibility that the scheduling board brings? I’m only a moderate BAQ user but I’m thinking if there’s a report I can write that shows released jobs and their status like how many hours of production against it and how much material has been issued. Anything that will give us some visibility into our capacity. 

3 replies

Hi cwalker,

Are you looking for third party alternatives or custom built solutions?

Ben

I’m interested in capturing the visibility we are lacking. I’d prefer something within Epicor vs a third party but I’m in no position to refuse any possible solution. The only disqualifying attribute would be if it’s a bolt on product that doesn’t integrate with Epicor. 

I can connect you with a company that, among other things, has a custom built scheduler that fully integrates with Epicor / Kinetic. We’ve been using them since 2015.

email me if you want me to connect you - bstohr@denyseco.com