Solved

Adding Menu Items to Favorites (v9.05)

• 1 May 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
I have a user that is attempting to add items from the menu tree to their Favorites.  Normally this is not difficult as you right click your mouse and the "Add to Favorites" option appears on the screen.
However, this particular user, when they right click on the mouse, it launches the menu item.  Initially I thought it had to do with the manner in which the mouse was configured, but when I sign in to Epicor on the same PC and use the same mouse, a right click produces the "Add to Favorites" option on the screen.
When the same process is followed when they are signed in to Epicor, a right click launches the menu item.  As per normal, the left click also launches the menu item when they are signed in to Epicor.
Is there a setting for the User somewhere that I can modify so their mouse right click button acts normal?
Thanks.

------------------------------
Glenn Owers
ERP Business Analyst
Safran Electronics Canada
Peterborough ON
705-743-6903 x231
icon

Best answer by vkamboj 1 May 2018, 11:36

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2

This happens when the menu view is on full tree selected under the View on the main menu.

Vinay Kamboj

------
Userlevel 3
Thanks Vinay,
This is the answer I was looking for.
Second question:
This user has somehow hidden or removed the right hand side of the Epicor Menu system and has the Favorites on top of the Menu box.  However, within the Menu box, when you click on the General Operations of Shipping & Receiving, the only way to display the options under that heading is to turn on Tree View.  There is no right hand menu display showing all of the options under the menu item selected (ie. General Operations)
Do I need to reload Epicor on this PC to get the menu system back to the original format, and then copy all of the favorites back for the user or is there another way to see the right side of the menu system so the user knows the options available under the General Options and Report menus?

I have no idea how the user has hidden the menu screen.  I do know that you can Pin the menu window to Hide, Float, or Auto Hide, but once you hide it, how can you Unhide it?

Thanks for all your help.

Glenn Owers
ERP Business Analyst
Peterborough ON
705-743-6903 x231
Try clicking 'Options', 'Reset Layouts to Base'.

Kurt Fritz
Director of Enterprise Systems and Processes
Broadway Industries
Monroe Township NJ
800-342-5113

Have you tried logging out of Epicor and back in as long as you haven't saved the layouts.

Jim Smasal

Materials & Logistics Manager

American Educational Products, LLC

1120 Halbleib Rd

Chippewa Falls, Wi 54729

(715) 723-4427 x111

jsmasal@amep.com

------
Userlevel 3
Thanks to all for responding.
I believe I will have to try the "Reset Layouts to Base" and then reload the favorites if they get wiped.

I did try several times with a couple of different user-id's on the same PC and I could get things to work and display properly when my id was used.  When the user of the PC signed on, the E9 menus would not behave in the same manner, so I knew it had something to do with the E9 user-id and not everyone that used the PC.

Have a great day.

Glenn Owers
ERP Business Analyst
Peterborough ON
705-743-6903 x231

Have you tried "Reset layouts to Last Saved"?

Jim Smasal

Materials & Logistics Manager

American Educational Products, LLC

1120 Halbleib Rd

Chippewa Falls, Wi 54729

(715) 723-4427 x111

jsmasal@amep.com

------