Solved

Epicor 9 - Bank Electronic Interfaces

• 8 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
We currently deal with 2 different banks to handle our EFTs and have an Electronic Interface defined for each. We are looking to move all of our EFTs to a single bank and I have been given the file layout we need to follow, in order to interface with the bank.

My question is this, the Electronic Interface files to create the bank specific upload file, may need to be modified. I have found the location of the interface file/program which creates the EFT file. The file extension is filename.r. How do I view the contents of this .r file and if required, how do I modify this .r file? With TextPad, I was able to open the .r file, and saw a SQL select statement on the first line of the .r file. TextPad will not allow for modification of the file and other than the SQL statement I saw, the rest of the data within the .r file was unreadable.

If anyone has experience with creating / modifying this interface file (.r), your assistance is appreciated. Even providing a software that will allow me to view the contents would be helpful and identifying an application or software package to allow me to modify the .r file would be useful.

Thanks for your time.

------------------------------
Glenn Owers
ERP Business Analyst
Safran Electronics Canada
Peterborough ON
705-743-6903 x231
icon

Best answer by simon.graham 8 November 2018, 15:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4

A .r file is compiled code, I have not managed to find a de-compiler for it.

Which software provider wrote the original for you? They may have the un-compiled but it will probably cost you a lot to get it...

There should be a generic version of a payment file in the same server\ei folder, that one should be a .p file and you can edit it in Notepad etc.

When creating the outputs for customers I take that one and change as required.

Thanks

Simon

------
Userlevel 3
Thanks Simon for the feedback.
As far as I can tell, the file was written by a consulting company that we used during our Epicor implementation and prior to my employment.  I have no documentation on what they did, how they did it, but was able to find the Electronic Interface table and the .r file on the Epicor server. 
I just scanned for the .p file in the same folder, but I cannot find it.  I can see a number of .p and .r files but the 2 .r files that we use to transmit the data to our banks, does not have a .p file.

Take care Simon,

Glenn Owers
ERP Business Analyst
Safran Electronics Canada
Peterborough ON
705-743-6903 x231