Solved

MES - End Activity Screen (Epicor 9.05)

• 12 April 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
We are attempting to capture data on the number of manufactured items which Pass or Fail our 1st quality inspection process within our manufacturing flow.
I have added two numeric fields to the End Activity screen within MES, entitled Pass Qty and Fail Qty.  I would like to verify the quantity entered into the "Completed" field on the End Activity screen, is the sum of the values entered into the Pass/Fail quantity fields.  The formula is {Completed Qty - (Pass Qty + Fail Qty)}.  If the equation results in anything other than 0 (zero), I want an error message to display, which states the quantities entered do not balance / equate to the quantity Completed.
Using a In-Transition Data Directive, when the error message displays and the user clicks OK, the End Activity process completes and MES does not allow you to correct the mistake. 

Originally, I thought I would need to perform the calculation on the actual End Activity screen, using the Customization tools.  I could not get that to work the way I wanted; when the screen loaded, it indicated there was an error due to the fact the formula did not equate to zero, and I could not get the screen to only perform the validation after the <OK> button pressed.

How can I get the End Activity to re-display the screen when the formula does not equate to 0 (zero), so the mistake can be corrected?
Should this be on the End Activity screen with Customization or can I use a Data Directive and redisplay the screen if an error exists?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,

------------------------------
Glenn Owers
ERP Business Analyst
Safran Electronics Canada
Peterborough ON
705-743-6903 x231
------------------------------
icon

Best answer by simon.graham 12 April 2018, 11:50

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4

It needs to be a pre-processing BPM on whatever method is being called when the user saves the record.

The BPM needs to raise an exception and that will stop the update and the user will need to amend and re-save.

Simon

------