Question

Adding Country name onto SO Pick List (problem with RDD field type)

• 7 December 2022
  • 3 replies

I need to print the Country from the Part’s table onto the SOPickList report. 

I have managed to bring the Part table onto the Report Data Definition and print the ISOrigCountry field from the Part onto the SOPickList report.  However this displays the “country number” not the country name.

So I need to also link the Country table onto the RDD to pull through the country name.

However the Part table’s ISOrigCountry field is a character type and the Country tables’s CountryNum field is an integer.  So when I create a relationship under the RDD, I get the following error:

Task: Parent Columns and Child Columns don't have type-matching columns.”

I have tried creating a calculated field on the RDD Part’s table and setting it to Integer and linking on that, but I do not see how to define the calculated field to hold the Int(Fields!ISOrigCountry.Value).

3 replies

Hi, I have the Part and Country tables linked on our Sales Order form. See screenshot of settings and it works ok.

Thanks for that.

How strange!  From what I can see the relationship I have on the SOPickList RDD is identical to yours (see screen print below) but I get the following error when I attempt to run the report:

Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask raised an unexpected exception with the following message: RunTask: Parent Columns and Child Columns don't have type-matching columns.

Hi, just checking if anyone has any other suggestions regarding the above?

Thanks.