BisTrack Test System Update

• New Participant
  • 1 reply

How many of you guys use your test system when doing a update?

We have been advised to do the update to our test system first but we don’t really have the resources to test the test system fully.

What’s your thoughts?

Thank you.

5 replies

Hi - always, always, always. 😀

There are various ways of doing this so you achieve a productive test without losing all your resource but I would never upgrade my ERP without this. 

Mike 

test - pilot - live

doing test upgrade first then getting users to go through all their areas with test scripts is essential really.  It’s part of the overhead (staff time cost) of running a product like epicor, you’re locked into it.

Once you’ve done test the appserver administration console will already be upgraded so pilot and live will be a little easier.

Hi Mark,

We install into Dev & Test environments prior to promoting to live.

We have a core UAT team from each business unit that review the basic functionality and specifically any bug fixes that apply to their area.

Of course you can (and we have) still missed issues. We typically apply the monthly SP’s, but we have elected to miss a couple in the past 12 months due to there not being any value identified in the specific SP or following problem identification during UAT.

Jon

Same as all the other replies we always test in a test system before upgrading, Like the others we also use a person from each department to test their specific areas of work.  We do have a separate test system to our live system.  But always test.

Hi,

I like to thank all that replied, looks like putting something in place so we can test the test system before going live.