Question

10.2.500 Ctrl S Search option

• 22 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Team,

We use this function throughout most of our depts regularly but somehow in the last week the Ctrl S function is not working for anyone for Part Entry or Part tracker.

I don’t use (can’t even see that new Quick Search) like everyone else and do not have a Named Search setup and the Ctrl S doesn’t work for me either. 

We did create a Quick Search option and then setup a few people with a Named search using that Quick Search option for Part. 

How did we mess up this global option or what logic am I not understanding?

Thanks for any insight you may have.

Melissa

2 replies

Have you checked the Hot Key settings?

From either the Part or Part Tracker form you can open the Tool => Options => Hot Keys tab and see what Hot Keys are enabled for the Form that you are currently on.

Also in options you will find a Global Options tab with its own Hot Keys tab. My understanding is that this tab indicates hot keys that should be available on all forms that utilize hot keys.

Hope this helps point you in the correct direction.

Userlevel 1

That is the first place i looked just to make sure I hadn’t inadvertently changed something.

And what’s strange is it’s not just me. It seems to be ‘global’ for all users for the Ctrl S function. I have never really used it but others who use it regularly, reported the issue yesterday.