Solved

Added Date Picker field using application studio

• 16 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have started to delve into the Application Studio universe and have a question.

I added a date picker component to my OrderRel screen.

I have the EpiBinding set up for the OrderRel_UD.Date01 field.

I previewed and then committed \ published the new layer.

I added this Kinetic customization to the Order Entry screen.

I closed Epicor and relaunched and open Sales Order Entry and picked an order.

I entered a date into the field and saved the record. I exited the order and went back in. The date that I entered did not ‘stick’. The field is blank.

Where did I miss a setting or a property setup? I have handful of these types of ‘customizations’ I need to recreate which seems straightforward but I need to figure out this detail so I can proceed.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Melissa Hietala

icon

Best answer by melissah 24 April 2024, 16:54

View original

3 replies

Hi Melissa,

Did you add the new field to the UD Column Maintenance?

I believe the old Date01 etc… fields that were in E9 are no longer there, because now you can add as many custom fields as you want. 

You then need to re-gen the database and recycle the IIS app pool.

Once that is done, you can then check in UD Column Maintenance, go to the table and then check if the Table and Data Model are synced.

Hope that helps a little.

Mark.

Userlevel 1

I did go to UD maintenance and reran the Generate Data Model process. And the App Pool recycle. Tables and Data model show in sync.

I have a call with someone on support for a different but related situation so I will see if I can get this question answered as well.

I will post any new info I get.

thanks

Userlevel 1

What I missed was that I did Epi Binding to OrderRel_UD.Date01. Epicor updated and does not use the _UD any longer. Once I removed that the field works fine.

Thanks all!

Melissa