Solved

Added new field to PartXRefMfg UD Table

• 17 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi Everyone, we are running 10.2.700.14 and I have added a new field to our PartXRefMfg table called MLCSPec. We will use this field to enter in spec notes for our manufacturers. We would like this field to be printed on the PO along with the MFG and MFG Part Number.  I have copied our PO Form data definition into a new one and made sure the new field was in the list and not excluded. I then created a new report style and copied all the ssrs reports from the standard PO Form Printing into a new custom folder. Then I clicked on the “Sync Dataset” button on the new style to update the PO form .dll.  When editing it in SSRS I can see the new field but when I put it on the form it is always null even when I have data in the field on the PartXRefMfg file for the mfg part.  The MFG number, MFG Part Number show up without problems but the new field is null.  If it do a basic BAQ to look at the field in the BAQ designer there is clearly data in the field.  What can I be doing wrong?  Is there some step I missed?

icon

Best answer by epearo 18 June 2021, 16:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi,

Unfortunately, the first misstep was hitting the Sync Dataset button. It’s generally safe to use only on BAQ reports. This is a lesson everyone has to learn the hard way, including me.

I just had a customer do this on the PO form last week -- it will break the totals when you have multiple releases on a PO line.

Is this the only change you’ve made? If so, I would go back the the stock form and copy it to your new location. If not, you probably had a backup before the change. I’d go back to that. You’ll want to manually edit the dataset query in the RDL form to add your UD field.

There are some discussions on this very subject over at epiusers.help.

Good luck!

Joe

Thanks Joe, I will start over again and not press the sync dataset button.  Good to know!

Userlevel 1

From my experience, the Sync Dataset works fine for reports I created from scratch or for reports that don’t have that many fields in them. What it does is it refreshes all datasets in your SSRS report based on the fields you have in the RDD in Epicor. When you have a lot of fields in the report (like PO form, AR, SO, etc.), not all of them make it in the SSRS and you end up with the whole report broken.

Dragos

Thanks for all the help everyone.  The problem was in my Report Relationship for the PartXRefMfg table.  I had the Relation Type set to Definition Only when it should have been set to output.  I recopied the standard Report Data Definition from POForm into a new user defined one and changed the relation Type.  I did not press the Sync Dataset button this time and just added the fields directly thru SSRS and all worked out just fine.  So the key is if you want data from the file the Relation Type needs to be set to output.