Question

Aged Parts Removal

• 28 July 2021
  • 6 replies

I am looking for a good way to determine if we can inactivate parts that we have not shipped or used in over 18 months for example.   I have thought about looking at the Shipping Data, Part Transactions etc.  However I have not been able to come up with a good query or BAQ to get the results.  Curious if anyone has any samples or ideas on this subject.  Thanks for everyone’s thoughts.

6 replies

Userlevel 3

It depends what you mean by “used”.  I would write the BAQ on the erp.parttran table and reference the transaction types you want to include in your definition of “used”.  I’ve attached a list.

Userlevel 3

There is a Slow Moving Stock Report in Inventory Management/Reports. I can’t get it to actually report anything in my system, but it seems appropriate if you can figure out how it works.

Userlevel 1

I would go for a PartTran BAQ as well. You will need to set the filters for TranType depending on what types of transactions your company has. Here’s a quick list with what we’re using:

• sales: 'KIT-CUS', 'STK-CUS', 'STK-KIT'
  • usage for materials: 'STK-MTL'
  • purchases: 'PUR-STK'
  • job finished goods: 'MFG-STK'

There is a Slow Moving Stock Report in Inventory Management/Reports. I can’t get it to actually report anything in my system, but it seems appropriate if you can figure out how it works.

That seems intriguing, does anyone have any experience or can provide a tutorial on this report.  Looks like you have to setup the Stock Provision Report Format to use in conjunction with the Slow Moving Stock Report.   Not seeing a clear description of the process anywhere.

Userlevel 3

@david.hite ,

@dragos.ene  has a good list, exempt with our business, all incoming R/M’s require inspection, so I would add one transaction type to the list provided: INS-STK

Userlevel 3

I found some articles (and a video) in Epicare after searching knowledge base for “Slow Moving”. I got my Slow Moving Report to print with just the transactions I wanted. I set the Provision Rate to 100% so the total value of the inventory is summed up in the report. I was disappointed to find that after defining 4 buckets of time range, it summarized all the buckets into one single total, rather than totaling the buckets individually. But I can run the rerun report with different single time ranges to get just what I want.