Question

Alt Methods Per Plant

• 7 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4

I’m trying to use DMT to load part revisions and operations in a multi-plant company. (multi-site)  I thought I was supposed to use the AltMethod field to create a method for the secondary plant; that this would cause the alternate method to be created within the existing part revision.  But I keep getting “object reference” errors in DMT.

Can anyone advise me on first steps to making alt methods work, and to load successfully?

Thank you

...Monty.

3 replies

Hi Monty,

I have never DMT’d them, but I have created alternate methods. 

Two ways to do it, Part Maintenance you can do New > Alt Method, or can create an Alt Method in the engineering workbench with your main revision checked out. 

You then on the site record for the non main site, select the Primary Alternate Method as your newly created alt.

Hope this helps…

Connor

Userlevel 3

make sure that you are logged into the correct plant before adding the method for the alternate plant. DMT still follows all the business rules, (unless they have done more magic here).. you still must be in Plant A before adding operations for Plant A… 

Userlevel 4

@connor.chapman @tshoemaker 

Thanks Guys!  Yes, although DMT now displays current company, an improvement over E9, it still does not display current plant, and one must log into Epicor, choose plant, exit the software, THEN start DMT, in order for the plant change to take effect, just like all those years ago.  Thanks for the procedure on manually adding an alternate method; I will consult the product planners for a test case.  Once we enter one manually, we can try DMTing.  The field exists in the template builder, so maybe it will work.