Question

AP Unreceived Lines and Receipt Match

• 14 May 2021
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

We just discovered a huge “missed step” and are trying to figure out how to fix it.  Our problem is 2 fold.  We first had an issue with the “Received not Invoiced” report showing items we knew we had paid for.  So we entere invoices against the PO’s and then adjusted the balance to $0 and thought we were fine.  Well - we’ve since discovered that the reason those were on the “Received not Invoice” report is because they were Invoiced originally as “Unreceived Lines” and the “Invoice/Receipt Match” step was never completed.  So now we have around 200 PO’s stuck in limbo in the “Invoice/Receipt Match” with nothing to match up to it - and we don’t know how to get them out of here.  Any suggestions?

3 replies

Userlevel 3

And, that is one reason I always recomment NOT using “unreceived lines” in AP.

There are better ways to meet the objective that cause less problems.

To fix this, I would try a new invoice to use up the invoice receipt match and adjust the dollars appropriately.

And, that is one reason I always recomment NOT using “unreceived lines” in AP.

There are better ways to meet the objective that cause less problems.

To fix this, I would try a new invoice to use up the invoice receipt match and adjust the dollars appropriately.

What is the better way you would suggest?  Also, the invoices have $0 balance due, and no lines are available for receipt.  

Userlevel 3

To fix these, have you tried the normal approach for Unreceived lines, of using Invoice Receipt Match program/screen?