Solved

Bank Statement Not Posting Due To Variance

• 8 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4

Reported by our Finance lead: We have a bank statement for one of our companies that will not post.

She thinks it’s because there is a variance on the cash GL CODE and for some reason she looked at the wrong spot to confirm no variances listed. Now it’s stuck in “posting” mode.

She was able to find the review journal to fix and she selected make edits to repair transaction and now she cannot get into the statement or fix the variance. And no other review journals to help with a fix.

Do you know if we can reverse the transaction or have a fix to release the hold on this so we can close month end for September on cash receipts?

Thanks,

…...Monty.

icon

Best answer by rhughes 8 October 2021, 21:30

View original

3 replies

Hi Monty,

There is rebuild process called Unlock Bank Statement, from the help:

Use Unlock Bank Statement to unlock bank statements for the current company that are locked.

Connor

Thank you for your help on this it did not fix the issue but I did find alternative that did work incase anyone else has this issue.

I used the Release Data Locked for GL Posting, and then it unlocked statement. I can now fix and post ME.

Thanks, Rachel

Userlevel 4

To clarify, Rachel and I first performed Unlock Bank Statement, noticed that didn’t un-gray the options, then ran the Release Data Locked for GL Posting, as she reported above.  Thanks Connor!