Question

Bank Statement Processing - Ending Balance off from Bank Statement Upload

• 13 March 2024
  • 0 replies

My variance in the header of Bank Statement Processing is off by the total debit amount (recognizing it as a credit) which is causing an incorrect Ending Balance by the variance amount.

When I look at the Statement Workbook, everything is matched, the sum of variances rows is zero, the sum of unallocated rows is zero, but the Variance Total at the top to the right of Running Total is the total of the credits plus the total of the debits if they were negative. This is the first time uploading the csv bank statement, so I feel like it is either something to do with the upload or something to do with a flag in the background related to the uploaded statement.

When I create lines for statements instead of uploading the statement, everything works correctly. I also compared the statements lines in the Statement Workbook from the uploaded statement to the statement lines from created lines in a prior month and they look the same. When I match to the uploaded statement lines, I get no variance warning boxes for partially matched lines.

I currently have a consultant working on this, but am hoping someone has run across this issue before. 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!