Question

BAQ from BPM to Obtain UoM Conversion Factor

• 6 October 2021
  • 6 replies

I am trying to follow instructions that Mark Wonsil provided in the EpiUsers forum for a “BPM Widget to run a query and store the result for future use”.  It seems straight forward enough except I am getting caught on one step:

screen clip

For the table the drop down does not offer tsQueryExecution.ExecutionParameter as an option.  The closest table is tsDynamicQuery.QueryExecuteSetting.  I did not see any steps for defining the missing table set.

Any ideas or examples for proceeding.  Ultimate objective is to get the UoM conversion factor to validate the UoMs on a PO Line so I need to run a query on the UOMConv table.

Thanks,

-Todd C.

Kenetic 11 SaaS

6 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi @Todd Caughey.  I cannot help you with this issue, but I wanted to say that it’s nice to see your name pop up in the forum again!  Welcome back!

Regards,

Thanks Scott.  I am technically working for Randstad USA but on contract with a client of theirs doing general Epicor advice and some development.  Hence this BPM issue. I twisted the client’s arm to get an EUG membership.  They can afford it. :wink:  I am strictly remote from at home -- the same way I was for a year during Covid-19.  

Userlevel 1

Hi Todd,

I tried that a few days ago and noticed there’s something missing there. I used slightly different methods and it seemed to work - the GetQueryExecutionParametersByID to get the query params and then UpdateTableByQuery to fill in the params. I have 2 params below, I am showing only the first one but the second is the same:

Dragos

Thanks Dragos.ene - this will keep me busy the rest of the day, at least - if not more.  

Userlevel 4

Todd, did you find something that works, and would you mind sharing if so?

@Todd Caughey 

Userlevel 1

Hi Monty,

Have a look at my previous answer, it’s all there. You don’t need to bring in the whole query object to execute it. GetQueryExecutionParametersByID will get the params you want, even pre-populated with the values you set as default in your BAQ. Then, all you need to do is change the ParameterValue to what you’re after, nothing else. You don’t need to touch any other fields. Finally, when you execute it, you use ExecuteByID which has the query’s ID as a string parameter. That along with the execution params from above is all you need.

Dragos