Question

BAQ to query total sales by customer to Match Income Statement

• 13 January 2022
  • 3 replies

I am trying to generate a Query to get the total sales revenue by customer and then have that tie out and match the income statement line of Total Sales.  I am having difficulty tying the numbers out.  Does anyone have any advice or a sample BAQ to generate this.     Thanks for your time and thoughts!

3 replies

Userlevel 2

First of all you need to make sure you have no journal entries or adjustments in your sales account or you will never match. Then you need to look at how your credits are posted. If they post to  return account then you need to exclude them from your query.   If  freight and taxes post to separate accounts then you need to make sure they are not included in your query. if all of these post to separate accounts then I would use the line totals instead of the header totals and you have shot of making this match. 

Userlevel 3

Agreed, your difference is likely sales adjustments in the GL but how your company books freight, credits and taxes could also contribute to a variance.

Userlevel 4

Does anyone have any advice or a sample BAQ to generate this.

@david.hite, check out the attached BAQ to see if it gives you what you want, or at least gets you close! The query already segregates freight charges, credits and taxes, as mentioned by Bruce and Keith. As a bonus, it’s built for sales tax analysis, too.