Question

BarTender Labels in Cloud

• 12 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3

Are there any gotchas in trying to generate labels from BarTender in a Cloud setting?  We are 2021.2.5 SaaS.  I have seen references to needing the Enterprise version of BarTender but that it has to be “installed on the Epicor Server” which could be an issue if Epicor itself does not manage that part.  Our goal is to generate a tab delimited file from a BAQ (driven by a BPM) and have BarTender watch for it in a folder and print to the appropriate printer.  We have most of the bits except for what BarTender needs to monitor the folder - which we believe is the Enterprise part.  Any tips for cloud based BarTender?

Thanks,
-Todd C.

4 replies

Userlevel 2

Looking at our BT, we are not running Enterprise.

We have been running BT since 2014, first hosted, then Saas and now Cloud since 2018.   And BT is installed local again, with the Cloud sharing a folder for BT files.  Setting up that connection with NetDrive so our integrations can scan the folder was a bit of work, but once that was done it’s up 99.9% of the time.

You just need to find the right support person that knows how to setup the BT folder, and get the right link for report outputs.  

cch

We are making the move to SaaS ERP and currently use the same Bartender Automation 2016 on premise. I have not gotten into the gritty of details to move our labels yet, how are either of you pulling the data from SaaS environment without access to SQL? 

We were told BT supports REST but now that I go into connections, I don’t see it. Anyone know if that is in a new version of BT or do we also need to upgrade to Enterprise?

Userlevel 3

Our current attempt is to use a BAQ to pull the data we need for a label when parts are issued to a job.  I can’t recall which part it is used in (RDD I think) but there is a place to specify the BAQ to be used.  We are 90%+ confident we don’t need the Enterprise version.  My contact at the client company found the following YouTube video very helpful:

It’s a bit long but very comprehensive. 

-Todd

Userlevel 2

As shown above AvCarb is using BT automation 2016.

In System Mgt>Reporting>Report Styles

• GenInv (for example) we duplicated the stock Epicor style and RDD
  • then changed report location to the local BT folder for the BT mapped label
  • And added the output location provided by SaaS
    • There is folder on the SaaS server that Epicor deposits the BT file for printing, we use Netdrive on our BT installed server to view the folder.
    • \\aus***********\#####\
    • then set your BT integration to view that folder

We also have a couple of Data Directives for some of the auto prints, off PartTran.

I would be interested in more on the BPM used to print.  No one I have talked with has been able to assist in Auto-printing WIP labels.   What trigger is used to print a label after Operation with a completed quantity is entered through MES on the shop floor.  Currently the operator manually prints a tag.