Question

Bookings Tables - error/bug

• 5 May 2022
  • 1 reply

I think we’ve found a bug in the way Epicor 10.2.400.38 is handling changes to orders in the Bookings tables. 

A CSR entered a Sales Order with 1 line. She entered the Order Qty as 100 and manually changed the Unit Price on the line from $98,700 to match what the customer had on their purchase order ($987.00). I am assuming that large difference made her ask questions because the Order Quantity was then changed to 2 and then down to 1. 

When we look at this order in the Bookings Tables we see this:

Why did Epicor record -$98,700 for the first change row?  I’m thinking this is a bug and Epicor is using the Unit Price from the Part Table instead of the Unit Price from the Order Detail Table.

Would someone who is using Kinetic (cloud based) be willing to test this theory in their Pilot or test database?  We’d like to know if this has been fixed in the latest version as we are preparing to convert to Kinetic (cloud) in the near future.

1 reply

I would try running the System Mgt > Rebuild Processes > Mfg/Distribution > Fix book detail and release processes.  You should run them in a test system first if you are using the bookings table for reporting.  

It is hard to replicate some of those bookings issues.  You have to do exactly what the person did originally to try to replicate, most of the times they don’t remember (e.g. did they enter in list or detail screen, did they hit save or just drop to a new line before going back and updating the price, etc.)

Jenn