Solved

Case Management - Case type

• 14 July 2022
  • 4 replies

We are exploring using Case Management for tracking and completion of intra-site quality issues and would like to keep them as separate as possible from our external customer cases.

Is it possible to create a new Case Type? I see that there are 3 available out of the box (Case, CRM, ECO), but would like to add another. I haven’t been able to find out if this is possible through Application Help or other searches.

icon

Best answer by dan.ramirez 14 July 2022, 18:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2

There is validation that happens when you fill in a value to the field. It won’t accept something not in the list.

I’m interested to hear others thoughts, also, because I could see our company doing something like this.

Userlevel 2

It’s interesting because the validation occurs in the Update method, not on the OnChangeCaseTypeID method.

Userlevel 2

Ok. I am under the impression that Case Type (aka Workflow Type) is predefined and not able to be edited. This Workflow Type is the parent to the different Workflow Groups that you can create/select in any case. You can create a Workflow Group for your internal quality cases and then select that in the Workflow Group. That might work for what you’re trying to do.

Yeah, it will work. I figured that was the case. I wasn’t sure if there was a backdoor way to add a new type. That way the different task sets could be kept separate and there would be a higher level characteristic to filter reports on instead of all of the different workflow groups. Thanks for investigating! I need to learn how to look at the BPM and background processes!