Solved

Column not visible in dashboard grid

• 13 February 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a dasboard I updated to group by our Engineer’s name on opening. However, now if a user wants to pull the name back down into grid to sort or group by something else, the Engineer’s name does not show in the grid. Properties show the field is marked Visible False. I have tried to recheck the visible box, save, and redeploy. But when we re-open the dashboard it goes back to being marked Visible False (checkbox cleared). This is the first time I’ve seen this issue in one of our dashboards.

Any ideas as to why and how to fix?

Thanks

Melissa

icon

Best answer by slepley 13 February 2024, 22:15

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3

Have you deployed this dashboard through the Tools menu?

Userlevel 1

Yes. It then works in that session but as soon as I close out it reverts back to the field being marked hidden. 

Melissa

Userlevel 3

Long shot - have you logged out after saving the deployment?   It is definitely on the the menu as a deployed dashboard?

Userlevel 1

Yes. But did it again to test. 

Marked fields visible

Saved

Deployed

Pulled Eng field back down to grid

Properties updated back to Visible being False

Thanks

Userlevel 3

What happens if you leave engineer in the grid and deploy?

Userlevel 4

Have you tried deleting personalizations of the dashboard or clearing (perhaps even deleting) your client cache?

Regards,

Userlevel 1

If I bring the Engineer field back down, save, & redeploy, log out and back in, it shows up correctly. It seems like something with pulling it up into the Group by clears the Visible checkbox on the properties. Not sure why or what the logic would be for that result.

There are no personalizations and it happens for multiple people in the Eng dept with no personalizations.

Thanks

Userlevel 4

Judging from the screenshots in your original message, it appears that you have the program type for the menu option set to dashboard-runtime.  Have you tried setting it to dashboard-system to see if that makes any difference?

That behavior has actually been an issue for years.  I recall seeing that as far back as E9.  I’m not aware of a fix.  The only work-around was to not group by default.  We just enable the grouping as part of the base dashboard build, and we have instructed users to group on that column.  Again, that’s not a fix, but to my knowledge there’s no solution.