Question

Conditional epiShape via Wizard

• 3 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3

I need to make an indicator on PO Lines in PO Entry to draw attention when Inspection Required is check marked.  We are not using the Quality module yet and if that gets checked it causes bad things to happen.  We need people to be aware of it - especially if inherited from Part Class or Vendor.  I have an epiShape item that I want to show only if check marked.  I have been trying to do this with the wizards since I don’t write code and I want it to be on Epicor if an update breaks it.  We are 2021.2.11 SaaS where I believe code not generated by a wizard is discouraged.  I have been asked not to do a BPM because the intention is to eventually use the Quality module features.

Is there a way to do this via wizards?

Thanks,
-Todd C.

4 replies

Userlevel 3

I can’t even do a simple Rule Wizard to highlight the Inspection Required checkbox in yellow.  The hang-up there is in defining the condition for the checkbox field.  I have tried: TRUE, True, true, and 1 but no affect on the the box.  I think I am missing something.

Userlevel 3

You could turn the BPM off when you are ready to implement QA.  BPM on the PO to uncheck the Inspection Required and delete/inactivate the BPM when you are ready.

Userlevel 3

That’s what I suggested but they did not want to have to remember to turn it off.  I’m deep into the Kinetic tools guide to see what I might be missing in the highlighting rule.

Userlevel 2

Todd;

for your BPM, you could condition it based on configuration values in the company or site table. When they fill those in, then the BPM doesn’t fire. The more involved route would be to put a specific UD field on the com0any control table that conditions the BPM.

your client appears to not appreciate the value of BPMs so maybe just some detailed documentation might help to allay their fears.