Question

Credit card customers going on credit hold

• 10 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Hoping someone can provide some insight. We are a B2B company, our company offers credit card and terms as payment methods for our customers.

Issue: When a sales order is created, there is a pop up that states “the customer is on credit hold, do you want to proceed etc?” the order then goes on hold and then customer will go on a credit hold. We have to remove this hold on the customer record. This issue is happening sporadically but it is wasting a lot of time. Our rep has to notify Accounting to remove the hold and then they can continue to process the order.

Anyone know why this could be happening? It doesn’t make sense for a credit card customer to go on a credit hold ever. 

Here’s the setup:

• Our credit card processor is Ebiz Charge.
  • Our credit card customers are set up with having a credit limit of 1. This was recommended by the ECC team (many years ago) that by making the value 1, it will only offer credit card as a payment method at checkout (we don’t want credit card customers to purchase on terms).
  • We cannot put the credit limit = 0 because that enables both cc and terms payment methods (which we don’t want)
  • We cannot put the credit limit = 999999 because that enables both cc and terms payment methods (which we don’t want)
  • Order entry has been stripped of BPMs and only has minimal customization.

If anyone has any ideas, I’d be interested. What other settings should I be looking at? What should my settings be? 

1 reply

Userlevel 1

rlyons -

You could write a BPM to take the order off credit hold if it is a credit card order.  Any pre-paid order doesn’t need to go through a credit check.  The BPM method directive could remove the credit hold and allow the order to be processed normally.

HTH,

Calvin Dekker

CodaBears