Solved

Dashboard and BAQ Issue for a Single User

• 31 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3

We are on 10.2.400.9 and I have a real head scratcher at the moment.

I have a dashboard that lists all Sales Orders on Hold.  I have verified the dashboard is displaying correctly on 4 different users Epicor sessions.  However, I have one user which does not see any data when they run the dashboard.  I had the user sign on at my PC, thinking it was an issue with their PC, but even on my PC, with their sign-on to Epicor, the dashboard displays nothing.  I ran the BAQ behind the dashboard under the users’ Id and the BAQ returned zero records.  When I run the BAQ, I see all of the orders flagged on Hold.  Has anyone encountered this issue, and if so, what was the resolution?  If anyone has any ideas on where or what I should look at to determine a solution, all suggestions will be looked at.  I am stumped at this point.  The user who sees no data is not a new user and has been using this dashboard throughout 2020.

icon

Best answer by glenn.owers 9 April 2021, 15:39

View original

6 replies

It probably has to do with their workforce ID.  If they don’t have the rights to see the customers that are being listed then they don’t see the data and there is no error message.  Perhaps the others that do see the data have no workforce ID at all.  I find that if I create a workforce ID for myself then I can’t see certain information until I delete it

Userlevel 1

A couple questions from things I have seen like this.

• When you ran the BAQ under the user’s login, did it return 0 records in reasonable time or time out?
  • Are you using Workforce IDs and did anything change there that would change their security to see certain territories/orders?

I will tell you that I have seen a single user have issues running a specific BAQ. It simply times out for that user. I was able to resolve it by putting a filter on teh first table in the BAQ for the current company. I can’t explain how or why either of these things should have or did have an impact on its execution, I just know that this worked.

Jim Rogers

Wild ERP, Inc

As with the previous replies. Remember BAQ’s / Dashboards still apply business rules so if the user doesn’t have the appropriate access they will not get any data back. As this relates to sales data I would check the user has access to the relevant (or all ) territories.

Userlevel 1

You need to drop in that BAQ showing the SQL script, so we can look what conditions are set. It also can be the JOIN type between two tables as well. 

Userlevel 1

It is like others have said, check the workforce ID.  If they are assigned to any territory in any way, they will be unable to see anything but their own.  If there is nothing in the territory they are assigned to, then they will see nothing.  I had a very similar thing happen to me.  I was listed as a sales manager for our house accounts and it made it impossible for me to see any other accounts.

Userlevel 3

For everyone that indicated Workforce ID, you get a gold star.  With the assistance of Epicor support, I had to turn on the 2 checkboxes I have circled below for the individual to see the Sales Orders.  We are testing the T&E Expense system, and I had to create a new Workforce for Expense Approvals and added the user to the Authorized User list for this particular Workforce.  This is the first time the user has been assigned to a Workforce, and it causes issues within Sales Order processing, if you do not activate these 2 checkboxes.