Question

Dashboard with Updating BAQ Report Data

• 28 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello!

(I am currently running ERP9 and Crystal 11)
I am having a bit of trouble with a project at the moment.

This is what I would like to do:

I have a BAQ Report that I would like to display on a monitor. Ideally, I do not want to have to touch this monitor in anyway. I want the report to run at night to refresh the data it is showing.

I have created a BAQ and a BAQ Report, which seems to be working fine, and even scheduled my report to run everyday.
This provides me with the correct data, but it is odd how the crystal report appears on screen and I think I would rather do it through a dashboard.

So, I created a dashboard to display my BAQ Report. The problem with this is it seems the dashboard is only displaying the sample XML data I used to create the report, and is not updating the data when generated.

So my questions are as follows:

How can I have my dashboard update with the correct (current) information?

How can I have have my dashboard refresh itself automatically once a day?

And, if possible, how do I do all of this without ever having to click any buttons?

I would appreciate any guidance, thank you!

5 replies

Userlevel 2

In the dashboard designer, right-click the query in the left-nav, and choose Properties.  Click the auto-refresh box to enable refreshing when the dashboard first loads, and change the refresh interval from -1 (meaning never refresh) to the number of seconds you want to wait before refreshing.  86400 for a daily update.  You may need to deploy (or at least deploy-preview; does anyone remember what that button was called in E9?) to test the auto-refresh feature.  Of course, set it to a lower number like 60 for testing.

HTH

….Monty.

Userlevel 2
Auto Refresh Options In Dashboard Designer

Thanks for the response, Monty!
I have tried this with the BAQ my report is linked to and it is generating the correct data now. The problem I am still having though is that the crystal report I have in the dashboard is still not updating with this information. How do I link the two?

For reference, the crystal report I am talking about is a Report View field.

Userlevel 2

Can you just show the dashboard directly on the display?