Question

DMZ Application Server

• 29 April 2021
  • 1 reply

We are trying to setup an application server in our DMZ to allow external access to Epicor and rest api, as we are hosted on-premise.

We have contacted Epicor for support, and escalated, but they have no idea what they are doing and can’t answer us.

Has anyone setup this scenario before?  Epicor told us to use the Application server in the DMZ as this is the most secure. We could use a reverse proxy, but since Epicor told my management that the application server is the most secure, we have to use it.

We have an app server setup with usernamewindows channel. Our firewall is allowing sql ports through and we have the outside limited to the one IP address.

When trying to connect to the application server,  we receive a userfile.svc error message. 

We can access rest api help page, but when we make calls, it appears to get stopped by SQL because the username appears to be NT authority/anonymous. 

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 4

Dear Glenn, 

You’ve done the right thing opening a case, and it's been escalated, but you're getting insufficient support.  Please contact me; I should be able to help get your case further escalated to someone who can help.  

All best,

..Monty. 

Monty.Wilson@EpicorUsers.org