Question

E9 - MRP Log not saving

• 29 June 2021
  • 5 replies

I am trying to troubleshoot MRP to find out why it is taking longer than normal to finish. I have adjusted my process set - Process MRP by adding a log file and changing Logging level to MRP and Scheduling. For some reason the log file is not saving to my reports folder and I can’t figure out why. The process runs under my account so it should be saving to my reports folder. 

Has anyone ever run into this before? 

5 replies

Userlevel 2

dleclair,

We are on E10 and the log file for MRP are stored in   EpicorData\Companies\1001\Log  and then under the username.

Mike

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately we don’t have a “Companies” folder in E9. It’s location in E9 is EpicorData\reports then the username. Other reports save fine with no issues. It’s just this guy giving me a hard time

Userlevel 3

The location you mention \\servername\EpicorData\Reports\(username) is the normal location, however, you can change this in the configuration when running Process MRP.

I can’t remember if you can review the scheduled/submitted task settings on E9 (assuming it’s being run from a schedule). If you can you should be able to open Epicor Task Manager > Scheduled > double-click on the task (block on left hand side of list) and it should open the Process MRP window with the configured settings. It may be that it’s been set to somewhere different.

Also, this may be obvious but the ‘Username’ location is relevant to the person who submits the job.

What I have done is open up the process set that is scheduled and open up the Process MRP portion of it. That is where I set the log file and the logging level. Here’s the odd part:

In the Log box where you tell it what to name it, I added MRP and saved to Process Set which works. When I go back in to the same process set and open up MRP, this is what shows in the log portion:

C:\epicor\epicordata/Reports/myusername/MRP.TXT

My first thought was well there are different slashes in the path that don’t work with Windows file system so I try and replace the / with \ and save to process set and get “Invalid log file name, please remove the file path.”

Userlevel 3

Silly question for you dleclair, but depending on the number of servers and processes you are running MRP with, and the number of parts you are processing through MRP, these files can be very large,  When I began running our MRP process, I did not create a Process Set, I simply entered all of the data on the Process MRP screen and clicked the Recurring checkbox,  selected the time I wanted the process to run, and Submitted it.  My log file was created as you mentioned in the EpicorData\Reports\User folder.

Are you also running Verbose on the server?  If so, you may want to check that you don’t have hundreds of log files taking up unwanted space, if you don’t need them.