Question

Epicor Cloud Integration for Kronos

• 30 November 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3

Kinetic 2021.2.5 SaaS

In a meeting today someone mentioned trying to bring Kronos labor information into Epicor.  Currently there is no labor cost in Epicor so WIP value is incomplete.  The parent organization is all Kronos so the client company I am working for is too.  I came across the Cloud Integration API using Jitterbit and see that it integrates with Kronos.

Anyone out there using this and if so does it work OK to get labor costs (or hours) into labor detail records and associated with a job?  Is it automatic or batch run as a scheduled task?  

Just testing the waters to see if this is worth the time to investigate further.

Thanks,
-Todd C.

8 replies

Userlevel 3

Also, at the bottom of all my posts is says:

Todd Caughey ERP Programmer/AnalystAmetek MOCONBrooklyn Park, MN

This is not correct and I can’t find where to change it.  Marilyn at EUG has tried several times from their end to change it to “Todd Caughey Contract Consultant/Randstadt USA Plymouth MN” but it does not stick.  Am I stuck with the old one?

Thanks,

-Todd

Userlevel 4

Hi @todd caughey.  Have you already tried updating your forum signature in Profile, Settings?

Regards,

Userlevel 3

Thanks Scott but I do not have a Settings option under My Profile.  Just Membership, Registrations and Transactions.  The membership is for the client company so someone there set it up and is probably the Admin.  Perhaps he can change it.

Userlevel 4

@todd caughey, your thanks may be unwarranted, because I believe that I may have misled you.  Don’t go to the My Profile menu at the top of the page, but rather click on your “profile picture” (i.e. the circle with a T) and select the Settings option at the bottom of the context menu.  In the window that opens, go to Forum Signature field at the bottom.

Hope that helps!  Unfortunately, I cannot help you with the Kronos issue.

Userlevel 3

The forum signature is correct as it is but not what has been showing on posts.

We’ll see if it is correct on this reply I guess.  Thanks for the tip about the picture, that’s not real intuitive but now I know about it.

-Todd

Userlevel 3

Ah haa!  Even thought settings showed the signature as OK all I had to do was add a space to the end and re-save it.  Seems to be retroactive to old posts as well.

Now to find out about Kronos integration.  I might have to check with the client’s CAM for a white paper or something.

-Todd

Userlevel 3

Still looking into Kronos integration.  I get asked every couple of weeks.  Looks like nobody is doing this.  I’ll have to ask their CAM.  Probably the best way to get a ballpark idea of the cost anyway.

Hi Todd,

Usually I’ve seen the integration going the other direction, from Epicor to the external payroll/HR system.  Unless your folks are logging in Kronos into individual jobs there would not be a way for Epicor to know where to apply the time.