Solved

Epicor CRM: Marketing List Generator

• 24 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Does anyone use the CRM module?

We have had it for a while but never really set it up and used it. I can’t find any documentation or training videos for setup and use.

In playing around with it in our Pilot environment, I managed to create a new marketing list and used the marketing list generator to filter the results and exported them to my list.

Here’s where I am lost - how do I actually use the list? There are no actual addresses that I could use to do a mailed campaign, or email addresses that I could use to do an email campaign. It just gives me the CustID, ShipToNum, ContactNum and Name. 

What am I missing here? 

icon

Best answer by Tim.Berryman 24 June 2021, 19:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Liz

I’m not in front on my system so I don't have the direct link for EpicWeb but have you looked at the Epicor Application User Guide? The Marketing list information is on or around page 121 (v 10.2.500). This is similar to the help information but it might be a bit easier to follow and I think there is a bit more of a walk through.

The information available is limited but I have used this previously and had it exporting information for external mailshots (email and paper based).

One quick thought is that you do have to ‘Export’ the list. Available on the actions menu and then select where to output the file.

As part of this process you can also create ‘CRM Calls’ to flag the records as having been used for a marketing list (if you’re using them).

Hopefully a pointer in the right direction.

Tim 

Ahaaaaaa - there’s all of the missing (useful) information! I didn’t dig out my user guide, but I did peruse the application “help” and found it not so helpful, as per usual. 

Thank you!!

Userlevel 3

Glad this was helpful. I think the User Guides are anoften under used & often forgotten about resource.

For anyone else reading this there are also the following available in EpicCare:

• Implementation User Guides
  • ICE Tools User Guide
  • Quick Start & Installation Guides (e.g. DMT)
  • CSF Guides (Country Specific Functionality)
  • Reference Guides
Userlevel 2

Never found anything of value in Epicor CRM. Just stopped using it.

Yes, I’m downloading the new Kinetic one now, it’s been about 5 minutes and I’m only about 75% downloaded. That’s with a high speed fiberoptic connection. This might be one reason why, lol. I’ve bookmarked the Kinetic documentation download page as well...