Question

Epicor Language Pack - MES

• 4 January 2021
  • 2 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

We have many Spanish speaking employees (different dialects) that are having trouble interacting with the Epicor (10.2.600) MES screens.   I know that Epicor has language packs that can be purchased but not sure how well they work.  Can anybody that has purchased the Spanish Latin (Mexican) language pack offer any input on how well the package works and whether you still have issues with different dialects?  I would also like to know if anybody has tried to deal with this in another manner.  We are thinking it might make sense to try to identify the screens that need to be modified and just create different Spanish versions but we’ve never tried to modify MES screens and not sure what would be involved.

Note:  We have modified a few standard Epicor screens along the way but not sure how to go about modifying the MES related stuff.

Any input would be helpful.

2 replies

Hey Sammy,

My name is Edwin, I been supporting Epicor for years and Spanish is my first language. While I do not have direct experience with the Spanish language pack, I am familiar with how the Epicor language packs work and the the amount of effort it would take to modify the MES screens to another language.

My two cents: If you truly need it...buy the Spanish language pack. Once you have the language pack installed you can set the language on the individual user level so that their default experience with Epicor is in their native language. Epicor will translate both the MES screens and any of the other forms the user has access to. I don’t believe it is sustainable or scalable to translate the forms to Spanish manually. Buying the package will save you development time now and in the future ($$$).

Happy to jump on a Zoom call to further discuss and showcase how the language pack we have works (Japanese) or just talk through the pro/cons of language pack vs development work to get you past this hurdle.

HTH

E

Edwin,

Thanks for responding, I would like to take you up on setting up a Zoom call to go over the language pack.  Please let me know when you some time to schedule.  

Thanks

Sammy Ray