Question

Epicor Upgrade Decision (From 10.2.400.9 to 10.2.700.9 or Epicor 11)

• 19 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello Everybody,

We are on version 10.2.400.9 but deciding on which version we should move next (10.2.700.9 or Epicor 11 Kinetics)

Any information will be very helpful based on your experience , Pros and Cons of  moving to  both those version?    customization , BPMs , Dashboard, Reports work as expected or requires tweaking? Any downside/benefit regarding MRP.?

Thanks 

Umid Baset

Epicor Application Analyst

2 replies

We are in the very preliminary planning phase.  I have downloaded the upgrade kit, ran the analyzer, and uploaded all reports.  Next I plan to meet with the upgrade team to review and discuss any upgrade  requirements for all our customizations. 

Userlevel 3

We are currently running E10.2.400.9 and have installed Kinetic 2021.1.9 and are in the process of running our test cases.  So far no major issues have arisen.  The client for 2021.1.9 is identical to the client in 10.2.400.9.  The Kinetic screens (web-based) are good but they do not convert any customizations from the 10.2 environment.  I have been told that I will have to manually create the customizations in order to use the Kinetic screens.

Thus we made the decision to go with the client configuration for 2021.1 and will roll out the Kinetic screens after go-live and I figure out how to customize them.