Solved

How to stop Search box from opening automatically

• 24 April 2024
  • 7 replies

• Participating Frequently
  • 9 replies

We have a user that when they go into a module, after the module opens, the search box automatically opens up.

I can’t find any settings that would impact this behavior.

Does anyone know where this type of setting would be?

icon

Best answer by brenda.higgins 24 April 2024, 23:19

View original

7 replies

Have they tried Tools / Reset Layouts to Base? or Have you deleted their personalization's?

@brenda.higgins I will check with the user, this is a new (third) environment.  So we hadn’t done any changes that weren’t in the Pilot environment, which isn’t having this behavior. 

I will ask the user if they did any personalization.  It is occurring on a few modules, so i was thinking a application wide setting but couldn’t find any information.

You may want to check Tools / Options / General - As the Form Opens: section

@brenda.higgins That sounds like what is happening.  I am asking the user to check this area out.

@brenda.higgins Thank you, that solved what the user was experiencing.  One follow up question, would you happen to know a location if there is a global option to apply this to all modules?

Apparently this is happening on all of the users modules when they open the module.  Right now they are doing this to each module they come across but was wondering if there was a way to apply this to all (instead of one by one).

Thank you again for the original answer.  Have a great day.

That should apply to all - they may need to log out/in

There is a “global” spot:  From your computer taskbar, bottom right - click the up-carrot to open System Icon Tray, double click on the Epicor Icon to open the System Monitor, Click Tools and select Options

Note Kinetic Home Page gives direct access to the System Monitor, however I am unable to open the Options from the overflow menu - you might be able to.

If you are asking “apply to all users” then sorry - do not.  Only know the above fix that needs to be applied to each user.