Question

Incoterms on a Purchase Order?

• 8 February 2024
  • 2 replies

I see where I can enter the “FOB” on a purchase order, which I’m assuming is intended for domestic suppliers.  If I want to enter an actual Incoterm, EXW for example, is there an Incoterms field available on Purchase Order entry?  Maybe hidden?  I would not want to use the “FOB” field as that in itself is its own Incoterm and would be confusing to the supplier if my PO stated “FOB EXW”.

2 replies

At last someone else who understands Supply Chain and FOB is an actual Incoterm in itself and should not be the name of the field

We have tried in the past to get Epicor to understand this to no avail.

We have left the field labelled as is but use it as Incoterms throughout the business

Userlevel 1

In the latest release (2023.2) , Epicor introduce a new table for the Incoterms in addition to the FOB table.

At this time it is only use in the sales forms quote, shipment and invoice. So, PO is not included yet and FOB still ned to be used to stored the “incoterms”

There is a document in the Learning Center talking about that. 

https://erpcustomer.epicor.com/lms/lms/courseResources/r5161_Kinetic%202023.2%20Demo%20Days%20-%20Incoterm%20Process%20Improvement%20Ideas_1.pdf

this is an print screen of on of the slide : 

So, I believe Epicor understand now what is Incoterms versus FOB and I will suggest you open an Idea to ask to have it in PO too. This can be doen from you Kinetic Menu : 

Another little tips,  in case you want to check what are al the fields available in a table of Epicor, I will recommend to use the Data Dictionary so you can easily all the fields available.

In this case, filtering in POHeader table on “Incoterms”, I can only find : 

If you do the same on InvcHead (Header of your sales invoice) you will see that now there is a specifc firld starting with IncotermCode.

I hope the above will help you,

Thierry