Question

Input on Performance for 10.2.700.x with and without Browser

• 5 January 2021
  • 6 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi All,

I’m looking for general information from anyone willing to share on this topic.

We went live on 10.2.600.8 in Oct of 2019.  We are scheduled to go with the deferred update to 10.2.700.x for Pilot in a couple of weeks.

We’re a multi-tennant cloud customer.

I’m hearing numerous concerns about performance.  We are new to Epicor and loaded very limited historical data.  The concerns seem to center on screen refresh times.  We are looking at a variety of possible resolutions to address these concerns.

I’d like to hear input on actions you took as a cloud customer that may have improved performance, and would really like to hear if you are seeing real improvement using browsers.

Be as specific as you can, but I’ll followup on whatever information you can provide.

Stay safe,

Eric

6 replies

Userlevel 2

Good morning Eric.

We have been on Epicor since 2014, first as hosted and moved to Single Tennant Cloud in 2018, currently on 10.2.700.6    

First question - Who is your CAM?    We are in New England, and have a good relationship with our CAM and Regional Client Manager.  Keep in contact with them.

In my opinion - the cloud is slower than our hosted environment.  Numerous support cases has improved this close to our hosted times, but will never be the same as an on-site install.

700.6 Kinetics has serious issues when attempting to load local printers, they may never load.  This is supposedly corrected in .8, as they had to back date our .6 with the correction. Reference:  PRB0229900  (use this if you have a problem with printers)

I prefer having the constant updates, as we were always having issues that were resolved in future updates - that being the reason our move to the cloud.  My big issue these days is lack of Beta testing on each six week update.  We usually find at least one item that wasn’t tested, and needs resolution to work correctly.  We do not have heavy customization - 10 reports, 3 BPM’s and my BAQs and Dashboards - so I do get frustrated that standard functions fail.

You may have to learn to live with “Functional by Design.”  Yes, I do question who designed, because it may not be practical in a real manufacturing environment.  

Overall, Epicor works well.  Sometimes you just have to be vocal.  I would attend all our local EUG meetings, you learn other users and Epicor personnel will attend, collect their cards, having someone in MN isn’t a bad thing.

cch

AvCarb

We have a similar complaint moving from on-site 8.03 to E10 cloud.  I know they have been working on it and we have seen some small improvements since we migrated August 2020.

There are a couple things that support can do with your cache and settings that help a bit too.  I would ask them to look at that.

Regards,

Ed Ferrier, PLSMFG

Good morning Eric.

We have been on Epicor since 2014, first as hosted and moved to Single Tennant Cloud in 2018, currently on 10.2.700.6    

First question - Who is your CAM?    We are in New England, and have a good relationship with our CAM and Regional Client Manager.  Keep in contact with them.

In my opinion - the cloud is slower than our hosted environment.  Numerous support cases has improved this close to our hosted times, but will never be the same as an on-site install.

700.6 Kinetics has serious issues when attempting to load local printers, they may never load.  This is supposedly corrected in .8, as they had to back date our .6 with the correction. Reference:  PRB0229900  (use this if you have a problem with printers)

I prefer having the constant updates, as we were always having issues that were resolved in future updates - that being the reason our move to the cloud.  My big issue these days is lack of Beta testing on each six week update.  We usually find at least one item that wasn’t tested, and needs resolution to work correctly.  We do not have heavy customization - 10 reports, 3 BPM’s and my BAQs and Dashboards - so I do get frustrated that standard functions fail.

You may have to learn to live with “Functional by Design.”  Yes, I do question who designed, because it may not be practical in a real manufacturing environment.  

Overall, Epicor works well.  Sometimes you just have to be vocal.  I would attend all our local EUG meetings, you learn other users and Epicor personnel will attend, collect their cards, having someone in MN isn’t a bad thing.

cch

AvCarb

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the info.  We are on the West Coast as is our CAM.  He’s been engaged thru our project and stabilization, good to understand how that relationship should work going forward.

It was interesting to see the organizational pushback on the testing for the upcoming upgrade, thought we’d made it clear that it was a must do.  I think we are past that, but we’ll reevaluate after we get thru the 10.2.700.8 update.

We have quite a few more customizations than your org, so I appreciate the note. We think we know what our risk areas are, but good to get the input on the issues that should have been tested for standard functionality - will likely stretch our testing a bit more than we were planning based on that.

Stay safe,

Eric

Delphon Industries, LLC

We have a similar complaint moving from on-site 8.03 to E10 cloud.  I know they have been working on it and we have seen some small improvements since we migrated August 2020.

There are a couple things that support can do with your cache and settings that help a bit too.  I would ask them to look at that.

Regards,

Ed Ferrier, PLSMFG

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the comments.  We’ve worked with support on cache and a couple of setttings, they do help a bit, seemingly the most for people flipping between companies and environments (Live, Pilot, Third), so encourage people to take advantage of that.  I’m working to identify whether it’s our customs, bandwidth, etc that may also be contributing.

We don’t seem to have the concerns with queries as much, l think likely due to the limited transactional data in our system.

However most of the concerns seem to be around screen redraws and populating data in such screens as Sales Order creation, which is already drawing a lot of data in, and we have customs there as well.  

Can you advise what version of 10.? you are on?

Appreciate the input!

Eric

Delphon Industries, LLC

Yes, we are current with the cloud 10.2.700.  You are correct when you say the greatest delay seems to be during a database pull or save.  We are eagerly awaiting an improvement as well.  I know they were upgrading processors with some new AMD.  I don't know if this has been completed yet.

Regards,

Ed Ferrier, PLSMFG

Thanks Ed!